1. Streaming/Recording Rules
Streaming and recording of the game is allowed. Music rights are owned by Enhance and we will not issue any copyright strikes. Please enjoy and let us know if you stream!
2. I can’t connect to any of the Multiplayer modes!
Please check that you’re playing the latest version of the game (check the bottom left of your title screen). Multiplayer modes won’t work if you’re not on the latest version of the game.
3. On which platforms can you play Tetris Effect: Connected?
Tetris Effect: Connected is available on:
PlayStation 4 (PS VR compatible)
PlayStation 5 (PS VR2 compatible)
Xbox One, Series X|S, Windows 10
Steam (PC VR compatible), Steam Deck verified
Epic Games Store
4. Which VR headsets are supported on Steam and Windows 10?
Oculus Rift, Meta Quest, HTC VIVE and Valve Index are the officially supported VR headsets. Other VR headsets are not yet officially supported and we can’t guarantee that you’ll have the best gameplay experience with other headsets.
5. Does Tetris Effect: Connected support cross-play online multiplayer? Will my progress carry over between the different versions?
Yes, Tetris Effect: Connected supports cross-play online multiplayer between all versions. However, progress does not carry over between versions outside the Xbox/Microsoft family. For example, if you are on PC and want to switch from using the Epic Games Store or Windows 10 version to the Steam version, you cannot transfer your progress.
6. How many players can play in each Multiplayer mode?
Zone Battle: 1P vs. 1P (or 1P vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Score Attack: 1P vs. 1P (or 1P vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Classic Score Attack: 1P vs. 1P (or 1 vs. CPU on local multiplayer)
Connected: 1-3P vs. CPU (or 1-3P vs. 1P in Connected Vs. Mode, Friend and Local Matches available 24/7, Ranked Matches available during Weekend Rituals)
A CPU can be substituted for live players in Local Matches (offline) and Friend Matches (online). Ranked Matches (online) require all players to be human.
7. How does reviving in Connected mode work, anyway?
Tap one of the rotate buttons to the beat of the CLAP to fill your REVIVE meter. Teammates can help fill your meter by doing any Tetris Line Clears or t-spins.
8. How do I emote in Multiplayer Modes?
You can emote by moving the right joystick on gamepads or holding “1” and pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard.
PS5 / PS4:
9. Does Remote Play work on PS4?
Yes! Remote Play is enabled on PS4.
10. I got the soundtrack sampler as part of the Digital Deluxe DLC on PS4, how can I play the tracks?
To get the soundtrack sampler tracks off your PS4, follow these steps:
1. Create a folder called “MUSIC” on a USB drive from your computer and insert into PS4.
2. Find the Tetris Effect soundtrack sampler in your library. When you locate it, follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Remove the USB stick and play the files on any mp3 compatible device.
11. Is it possible to upgrade Tetris Effect: Connected from the PS4 version to the PS5 version?
Yes! If you have purchased the PS4 version, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for US $9.99 (tax included).
PS5 with a disk drive is required to upgrade the physical version. The physical disc must match the region of your PSN account.
Internet connection is required for upgrade and download.
When opening the PS5 version of Tetris Effect: Connected for the first time, select the CONVERT SAVE DATA option at the bottom of the main menu to carry over your progress from the PS4 version. This will also unlock previously earned trophies on the PS5 version.
XBOX / WINDOWS 10:
12. What happened to my SR and stats on Xbox / Windows 10?
Skill Rating (SR) was reset August 17th, 2021 on all version to re-calibrate matchmaking between similarly-skilled players. You can find your archived stats in-game via new pages in “My Records.” (SR before the reset is immortalized on the Community page of our website).
13. Is Tetris Effect: Connected available on Xbox Game Pass, and/or PC Game Pass?
As of April 30th, 2023, Tetris Effect: Connected is no longer available on Xbox Game Pass or PC Game Pass.
You can purchase the Xbox / Windows 10 game here: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/tetris-effect-connected/9ppbvk3tk83m
14. Are there any differences between the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 versions of Tetris Effect: Connected?
Windows 10 has extra graphical options if your PC specs can handle the extra load.
15. There’s a patch update on Windows 10 but my game is not auto-updating.
The game sometimes doesn't automatically update through the Xbox app. You need to go to the Microsoft Store, click the "..." button > "Downloads and Updates" > Get Updates" in order to force the update. If that doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
16. Do I need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play Tetris Effect: Connected online?
Yes, online multiplayer on all Xbox systems requires Xbox Live Gold (subscription sold separately or via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). PC players do not need an additional Xbox Live online subscription.
17. Will Tetris Effect: Connected be playable via XCloud or Xbox Console Streaming?
No, due to contractual reasons with the Tetris license the game does not support XCloud or Xbox Console Streaming.
18. Is Tetris Effect: Connected playable in VR on Windows 10?
VR is playable on Windows 10 and is Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE compatible.
19. Has the game been updated for Meta Quest 2 headsets?
Since the new Connected update, there are new performance or fidelity graphic options to boost resolution for Meta Quest 2 headsets.
20. I got the Steam launch DLC for Tetris Effect: Connected. Where can I find the extra content?
- 1. Find Tetris® Effect: Connected in your library
- 2. Right-click on the game title and click "Properties"
- 3. Click "Local Files" and go to "Browse"
- 4. Find the DLC in the folder called "Digital Deluxe Bonus Extras"
- 5. Enjoy!
Folder path: \Steam\steamapps\common\Tetris Effect Connected\Digital Deluxe Bonus Extras
21. Does the Connected expansion feature new music?
Yes! Award-winning musical artist Hydelic composed new tracks for the Connected multiplayer expansion.
22. Where can I buy the soundtrack for Tetris Effect: Connected?
To celebrate the launch of the PlayStation 5/PS VR2 release of the game, we released 11 new tracks from the Connected multiplayer expansion to the Tetris Effect Original Soundtrack. The album is now known as the Tetris Effect: Connected Original Soundtrack, complete with 51 tracks by award-winning musical artist Hydelic.
You can purchase or stream the soundtrack here: https://ffm.to/hydelic
Additional details on the soundtrack can be found here: https://www.tetriseffect.game/2023/02/21/tetris-effect-connected-original-soundtrack/