It's always a good first step to make sure that you restart Steam as well as your computer. Restarting the computer flushes all kinds of system states and caches, while resetting other programs and releasing locks on files and other resources. If the issue still persists, try the steps below.
- Verify the integrity of your game files (instructions here).
- Check to make sure you've updated the game to the latest version.
- See if there's any antivirus software that may be interfering with the game.
- Check to see if your PC needs a Windows update, and check to see if your graphics card drivers are up to date too.
- Clear Download Cache. Clearing the Steam download cache will cause the Steam client to flush locally cached configuration data and acquire it from the Steam servers again.
Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Clear Download Cache
- Repair Library Folder: The Steam library folder contains all of your installed games on disk. These folders need to be writable by all users in order to update properly. Sometimes these user permissions break and need to be refreshed.
Navigate to your Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Right click on folder -> Repair Library Folder
- Follow Steam's general troubleshooting guide.
Other things to try:
- Disabling any software or process that is tied to the game .
- Disabling CPU/GPU overclocking software .
- Disabling Sound services such as Nahimic service/Sonic Studio .
- In the task manager go to the Start-up tab and disable software one by one and reboot your PC to see if any of the software is conflicting/interfering with the game launching.
If these still don't fix the game, please submit a ticket with your crash logs located here:
\Steam\steamapps\common\Tetris Effect Connected\TetrisEffect\Saved\Crashes